This week Marion sat down with Rebecca Jenkins and Michaela Perry-Kay for a Women in Surveying chat.
Rebecca Jenkins is a Chartered Building Surveyor based in Sussex. The company, Sussex Surveyors, is based in Hove with offices in Haywards Heath, Eastbourne and, soon, Chichester. She spends most of her time working on party wall matters, writing specifications of works and inspecting defects in residential homes. She enjoys the personal interactions that take place as part of her work and believes that protecting our existing housing stock is important from both a sustainable and economical perspective.
Connect with Rebecca Jenkins: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-jenkins-msc-mrics-537b15138
Michaela Perry-Kay is a Chartered Building Surveyor with only 22 years left till retirement. She has Commercial Property sector experience and in recent years expanded into the residential market. She’s an SME warrior once having owned an RICS regulated firm. She craves for diversity in a profession that in 25 years thus far has failed to ‘Raise the Ratio’.
Connect with Michaela Perry-Kay: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/michaela-perry-kay-a6422616
What We Cover:
- What it’s like being a woman in surveying and how things are changing
- How to use your communication skills in this line of work
- Party Walls and why it’s usually not about the property but the relationships
Connect with Marion Ellis:
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/love_surveying/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/love_surveying/
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sussex Surveyors https://sussexsurveyors.com/
- Helen Reynolds Style https://helenreynoldsstyle.com/
- Warwickshire Police https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
- Sign up for The Surveyor Hub newsletter: https://lovesurveying.com/contact/
- Support The Surveyor Hub https://www.buymeacoffee.com/TheSurveyorHub
- Join The Surveyor Hub Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/the.surveyor.hub.love.surveying